Author, Danielle Lee Zwissler

Author, Danielle Lee Zwissler

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The best vacation I have ever had...

#3 blog prompts--

The best vacation I have ever had...
 
 
It's hard to come up with the best vacation I have ever been on without thinking of the different moments in my life... so, I'll break it up into sections.
 
 
 
Childhood- best vacation in childhood would have to be when we went to Hawaii. My mom and dad had went there on their anniversary a year or so before we did--1985, and they had a delay on their flight so the airline gave them 2 free airline tickets. Needless to say, they brought us with them the next time and also took my dad's mom. It was a great time! 
 
Sadly, being the goofy kid that I was, the best part of the trip for me was the zoo and the donut at Perry's Smorgasbord. lol That place was a gem! Yummy chocolate donuts... I am hungry now...
 
 
College- I'd say my favorite trip in college, sorry Earl, was when I went with my two friends Lindsay and Geoff to Canada. We decided, spur of the moment of course, to just drive there. It was only a four hour drive, to get some beer. lol You only had to be 19 there, and of course that was just the coolest. WE were all too poor to pay for a hotel, so we drove to the Holiday Inn Express and slept in the back of Geoff's station wagon in the parking lot. ha ha... It was a trip that I have thought about often in terror--thinking if my daughter does something stupid like that I'll ring her neck. ;)
 
 
Married- I'd have to say our family Disney trip in 2010, mainly because of our kids. I have never seen two kids more excited in my life. WE didn't have a whole hell of a lot, but the kids were incredibly happy and Earl and I were pretty damn happy ourselves. We saved and saved for that trip, making sure Ariana got the Bibbity Boppity Boutique visit and Logan the Cars experience. It was a blast and something that I will never forget.
 
 
What was your favorite vacation? Speaking of a great vacation, in my book, New Year Nookie, one beautiful lady and one sexy man meet up for the time of their lives! Why not check it out? It's only .99! The link is below!