Author, Danielle Lee Zwissler

Author, Danielle Lee Zwissler

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Weekend quickie 27...

I am part of a group of people that are called 'The Iron Writers'... there is a website and they have several weekly challenges and tournaments which form other challenges. It's a great time and I enjoy writing everyday through the different posts from the many writers in our group. This past weekend was one of our writers' birthday and the challenge was centered around that...

Here's the Challenge...

One Image!

One Prompt!

One Emotion!

200 Words

3 bears
A handsome newspaperman’s birthday
A feeling of anxiety brought on by the omission of a comma
Here's my take on the challenge:

Your comment is awaiting moderation. 
Commas and bears and anxiety… OH MY!
“What are you going to give Michael for his birthday, Carrie?”
“I already got him something, but it is kind of bothering me, so I’m not sure if I will give it to him or not.”
“What’s that?”
“Well, I know how particular Michael is about grammar and punctuation…and, well, I only just spotted the error.”
“What error?” Carrie’s friend, Carol, asked.
“The missing comma,” Carrie said reluctantly.
“Come again?”
“Yeah, well I bought him this painting as a joke…remember when he said that he liked the story of Goldilocks?”
“No, I think I remember him saying he would Goldi her locks…or something to that effect.”
Carrie laughed. “Yeah, that’s what he said, and I was out at the Starving Artist Fair downtown and saw this picture…it had a girl with a bear on her bed. Of course, I immediately thought of Michael…and I bought it. I didn’t even see the error until I got home.”
“Let me see it,” Carol said, laughing.
Carrie went over to her closet and pulled out a large canvas. When she turned it around, Carol laughed so hard she nearly fell off her chair.
“What?”
“Oh my God! That’s perfect!”
I looked at the painting of the bear and Goldilocks on the bed and smiled. The canvas read: Hey Goldi what big curls you have…
- See more at: http://theironwriter.com/weekend-quickie-27/#comment-1653