Author, Danielle Lee Zwissler

Author, Danielle Lee Zwissler

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Coming Home by B.L. Moone Review

I am going to try a new way of reviewing books from now on because there are so many books out there that I like... so bear with me if you don't understand my 'latest' system of review.

The categories are below...
Cover: 5* This was obviously why I stopped to look and download. Great cover. Characters looked like she described, which is a huge plus for me. Loved the fonts.
Blurb: 5* The blurb was good and made me want to pick up this book right away.
Spelling: 4.5*  I think I counted 5.
Characters: 2 on the girl... wasn't a fan. I feel she was too moralizing. She kind of annoyed the hell out of me with her upity attitude... 5 on the guy. He was a good guy, all around, and the author seemed to want us to really like him.
Overall story: Honestly, if it weren't for the guy being like he was, I'd have thrown the book down. (or kindle ;)) The girl had some major issues, obviously, and she was all the time accusing the wrong people of things. She reminded me of a character out of Scooby Doo... The story is about a girl that is adopted that wants to find out why her birth parents gave her up all those years ago. She gets a job, and her adoptive mother, even though I didn't mind her too much, annoyed me with her whining. She was all the time wanting to know why she wasn't enough, and I thought that was selfish. As a mother, I'd want my kids to love me, don't get me wrong, but this is a touchy situation. I would think that she would know that there is a deep down need to know kind of thing here.

I won't give anything away, but later in the story it all kind of changes to the birth mother and the adoptive mother being best friends--rather quickly. Eh...

The whole side story in this one, someone is after the main character wanting her gone, is all right. I actually figured out who it was immediately from the small clues. (I don't know if I was meant to find this out early or not because she goes on and on making everyone else look like the bad guy.)

So, I liked the story, but I didn't like some of the character traits. Loved the cover. Great writer...I am still hating the main girl, though.

If you'd like to give this book a try check out the Amazon link here.